Grants Coordinatorkatie wig2
The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights is a coalition charged by its diverse membership to promote and protect the rights of all persons in the United States. The Leadership Conference works toward an America as good as its ideals. For more information on The Leadership Conference and its 200-plus member organizations, visit www.civilrights.org.
The Leadership Conference Education Fund builds public will for federal, state, and local policies that promote and protect the civil and human rights of all persons in the United States. The Education Fund鈥檚 campaigns inform, educate, empower and mobilize leaders and advocates around the country to push for progressive change in the United States.
Following two consecutive years of increased funding from institutional funders, The Leadership Conference seeks an additional Grants Coordinator to add increased capacity to the Institutional Giving program, and address immediate needs in the short term and have long term benefits for the organization and allow the senior Development team members to provide strategic partnership as we plan for the future of The Leadership Conference. The Grants Coordinator will be responsible for the specific coordination of projects related to foundation grant making to both the c(3) and c(4) organizations. Under the leadership of the Director of Institutional Giving, and in partnership with the current Grants Coordinator, the Grants Coordinator will be responsible for the writing, management and execution of institutional giving funders, grants tracking and reporting, and building relationships with program staff to support issue areas. This is a 2-year term limited position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the writing and editing of initial grant-related materials of assigned issue area portfolio, including but not limited to letters of inquiries, concept papers, proposals, reports and other writing where requested
- Conduct prospect research, identification, execution and management of funding opportunities for assigned issue area portfolio
- Coordinate the grants management process from inception to submission of proposals, reports and requests from institutional funders
- Serve as a department liaison with the Budget Analyst to secure necessary financial information for proposal and report budgets and grant award letters
- katie wig8
- Maintain an up to date understanding of grantmaking trends and the general universe of national and community funders that address social justice, and conduct prospect research and new opportunities for funding
- Support the Director of Institutional Giving on all institutional giving goals, objectives, and department outcomes
- Collaborate with Director of Institutional Giving, Grants Coordinator and Vice President of Development on annual budget and strategic plan for The Leadership Conference institutional portfolio; keep informed of daily operations of the grants management process
- Possess a thorough understanding of The Education Fund and The Leadership Conference program areas to develop accurate and comprehensive project summaries
- Serve as needed as the liaison to the grantmaking community regarding meetings, teleconferences, and general communication with foundations
Qualifications and Experience:
- A commitment to civil and human rights with a desire and ability to work with diverse groups of people
- At least 3 years of development experience in grant management and coordination
- Experience in grant writing or project proposal writing in a deadline-driven role
- Database management skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, database systems, and internet research
- Good management, planning, and coordinating skills, with emphasis on commitment to detail and accuracy
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Comprehension of grants accounting, including budgeting, financial narratives and reports
- Ability to manage complex projects and assignments and work effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment, across teams and departments
- katie wig9
- Experience working with an organization that is a part of The Leadership Conferences coalition (desired)
- Bachelor鈥檚 Degree
- Project Management certification (preferred)
Reports to: This position reports to the Director of Institutional Giving
Salary and Benefits:
This is a full-time, 2-year term limited, position with a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
To apply, e-mail resume, cover letter detailing your fit with the position鈥檚 responsibilities, and salary requirements to: katie wig3 with Grants Coordinator in the subject line. Only applications submitted by email will be considered. We are looking to fill this position immediately. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
The Leadership Conference and The Education Fund provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual expression and identity, veteran status, national origin, age or disability.